High-Quality Dentures & Dental Implants for the Bronx, Yonkers & Richmond Hill, NY Area
Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and restore your smile. If you’ve lost all or some of your natural teeth, dentures will benefit your health and your appearance. They also make it easier to eat and speak, make you appear younger and can be made to closely resemble your natural teeth.
Dental implants are like artificial tooth roots that bond to your jawbone and serve as a support for crowns. Your new teeth will look, feel, and function as close to the real thing as possible. Dental implant surgery is very routine and safe. Smile confidently and go about your life normally with dental implants! Sincere Dental Arts PC proudly provides dental implant services for patients throughout the Bronx, Yonkers, and Richmond Hill, NY areas.
Partial Dentures vs Full Dentures
Depending on your dental situation, you can choose full or partial dentures in order to correct the spaces created by your missing teeth.
- Full Dentures: If most or all of your teeth have been removed, complete dentures may be your best option. There are two types of full dentures: conventional dentures are created after your teeth are removed and are fitted after your gums have healed. They will fit you better, but require 8 to 12 weeks to make. Immediate dentures are made in advance and are placed in your mouth right after your teeth have been removed. Because they require adjustments as your gums heal, immediate dentures are generally replaced by conventional dentures.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are a good choice for patients who still have plenty of healthy teeth on the top or bottom jaw. They fill the spaces created by missing teeth while preventing the remaining teeth from shifting or changing position. Partial dentures are removeable and attach internally; they are the most natural-looking of all denture appliances, but may not suit everyone.
How to Care for Your Dentures
Like your teeth, your dentures should be brushed every day in order to remove particles and plaque, as well as to prevent staining. Here are some guidelines in order to help care for your dentures properly:
- Rinse your dentures before brushing them in order to remove any debris or loose food.
- Use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft bristle toothbrush to gently brush the surface of the dentures. This prevents them from getting scratched.
- When you’re not wearing your dentures, keep them in a safe place covered with water. This keeps them from warping.
- If you use an adhesive with your dentures, make sure you use them as directed by the product instructions and by your dentist.
- In addition to cleaning your dentures, make sure you also clean your mouth regularly: this includes your gums, cheeks, tongue, and the roof of your mouth. This removes plaque, reduces the risk of oral irritation, and wards off bad breath.
If you have any other questions about proper denture care, our experts can assist you.
Contact us today for dental implants!
If you’re missing all or some of your teeth and would like to learn more about dentures, dental implants, or other replacement options, contact the experts at Sincere Dental Arts PC today! We assist patients from the Bronx, Yonkers, and Richmond Hill, NY areas, helping them regain their smiles and self-confidence. Call today to discuss whether dental implants are right for you and to get started!