Orthodontic Services for the
Bronx, Yonkers & Richmond Hill, NY Areas
Your smile is often the first thing someone sees when they first meet you. If you have crooked teeth or are self-conscious about your smile, orthodontia might be the answer for you. At Sincere Dental Arts, we provide a variety of orthodontic treatments – no matter what age you are.
Orthodontics Aren’t Just Braces
Usually, when one thinks of orthodontics, the first thing they think of braces or Invisalign, but there is much more to orthodontics than that. Our orthodontists can provide services for more than just braces, specifically in the field of the alignment of teeth or the repositioning of jaws – although braces are their primary specialty. Orthodontists have many treatment options and services to fix these common problems. Some of the orthodontic treatment options we provide here at Sincere Dental Arts include:
- Invisalign Treatment
- Space Maintainers
- Jaw Repositioning Appliances
- Lip and Cheek Bumpers
- Palatal Expanders
- Removable Retainers
- And More!
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign treatment has been approved by the FDA for about 20 years now. It is still a fairly new orthodontic procedure which is why some patients are hesitant at first. Most people are initially attracted to it because of the "invisible" way it aligns teeth. This can be a great alternative for adults looking to correct their smiles. Invisalign might not only look better but it is almost more comfortable than traditional braces. Invisalign treatment works by putting slight pressure on your teeth so they move over time. The reason Invisalign can be more comfortable than braces is because they do not apply as much force. For most adults, the average treatment time is around 12 months. This varies with each case and usually takes longer in teens and children as their mouths are continuing to grow. The best part about Invisalign treatment is that it does not interfere with daily activities or eating habits. Are you ready to start your Invisalign treatment? Call us today to get started!
The Importance of Correcting Crooked Teeth
While improving appearance is one of the biggest reasons people seek orthodontic service, there are other benefits to the process as well!
- Eliminate Strains & Pains - When teeth are crooked, they can cause jaw and muscle strain because the surrounding teeth are not properly supported. Crooked teeth increase the risk of plaque build-up, tooth decay, and gingivitis as it is harder to reach and clean all the nooks while brushing and flossing. In some cases, misalignment can cause chronic headaches and neck pain.
- Avoid Medical Disease - Since crooked teeth are more difficult to clean, plaque build-up is more common, leading to decay and gum disease that requires treatment. In addition, studies have shown that there is a connection between dental plaque and illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Evade Digestive Issues - Crooked teeth may cause you to chew differently, not fully processing your food before you swallow. This could lead to an upset stomach and other digestive issues.
- Improve Speech - Misaligned teeth can affect your speech patterns and how you pronounce words. Straightening your teeth could actually help to improve the clarity of your speech!
- Boost Self-Esteem - It is a benefit worth repeating - straightening your teeth can help boost your self-esteem! Increasing your confidence can be beneficial in all aspects of your life.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Orthodontic Services
When you are looking for orthodontic services in the Yonkers, Bronx, or Richmond Hill, NY areas, Sincere Dental Arts can help. Call today to make an appointment!